Village Connection volunteers are priceless! They are the glue that holds Village Connections together and a crucial resource for helping our older neighbors stay active and independent.
If you are a new retiree looking for a rewarding opportunity, or college students or neighbor with just a little bit of extra time to give, or maybe you have a particular expertise you wish to share ... then consider joining our volunteer ranks. After exploring the possibilities, we will most certainly find an opportunity that suits you:
Transportation is our most requested service and highest area of need for volunteers.
- Driving to a medical or non-medical appointment
- Grocery or other shopping
- Driving members to social events
Light Home Maintenance
- Moving furniture
- Yard Cleanup
- Changing light bulbs and batteries
- Computer, Tablet and Cell Phone assistance
- Cable/TV/Internet troubleshooting
- In-home visits to a home-bound members
- Running errands for a member
- Help with letter writing, pet care, watering plants, etc.
- Clerical office duties
- Plan a social event for our Services Committee
- Design a flyer for our Marketing Committee
- Help organize one of our Fundraisers